When is the last time you took a break? Like REALLY checked out?
I mean, like sit somewhere or do something for more than an hour without checking your email, texts, or calendar.
When? Can you remember?
Don’t worry, you aren’t the only one.
It’s so easy to let work, life, and that endless to-do list take over.
Don’t let it! It’s time to recognize when you need to take a step back and check out for a little bit in order to reset your mind.
If you have experienced any of the following, please, do yourself a favor and take a little break!
3 Signs It's Time to Take a Break
- You are overwhelmed.
- You keep making silly mistakes and errors.
- You're feeling exhausted and disconnected.
Remember - it's okay to take a step back and take a breath!
Ideas for 'Break Time':
1. Go for a walk. Or a run! If you are cooped up in an office all day, a little fresh air and endorphins can really do the trick.
2. Tap into your creative side. Write in a journal or paint a picture… get creative with it! Getting your feelings out on paper can help you analyze and move forward with a situation.
3. Take a drive. Windows down and music up! Don’t forget to have a little fun in the midst of all that ‘busy.’
Whatever you decide to do during your break time… You absolutely, hands-down, no questions asked, must TURN OFF YOUR PHONE! No calls, no texts, no emails, no nothing! Make it a point to have ‘break time’ be all about you. Distractions and stress don’t deserve to be a part of your moment! 🙂
What other ideas or suggestions do you have for ‘break time’?
We would love to hear! Share in the comments below…
Latest posts by M Green (see all)
- Clean the Cobwebs out of Your Business - October 19, 2017
- Tis’ the Season – Time to Decorate Your Social Media - September 7, 2017
- Storytime: Social Media is for Sharing! - August 3, 2017