The holidays are right around the corner!
Have you thought about how you will decorate your home?
What about your social media profiles?
That’s right - your Facebook and Instagram need some holiday cheer, too!
Here are some ways that you can decorate your social media for the holidays…
Profile Images and Cover Art
Update your profile images and cover art (where applicable) to follow a theme.
- Add a spooky border to your profile image in October.
- Create a new cover image for November letting your connections know how thankful you are to have them.
- Take a “Santa Hat Selfie” for your December profile photo.
Add a few colors to your branding to give your graphics and posts a holiday vibe.
- October - orange and black
- November - orange, red, and brown
- December - red, green, and white
Use the holidays to share and connect with your fan base on a more personal level.
- Tell your favorite scary stories or trade trick-or-treating tips with your followers in October.
- In November, share #ThankfulThoughts or #ThankfulThursday moments with your connections, then encourage them to share with you in the comments of your posts.
- Do a Christmas Countdown or a spin on the 12 Days of Christmas in December.
Create content based on what your followers are looking for.
- October: candy recipes, costume ideas, and events in the area.
- November: thankful quotes, Thanksgiving recipes, and table setting ideas.
- December: gift ideas, wrapping paper hacks, and special offers, discounts, and coupons.
I hope these tips get your creative juices flowing. If you have any other ideas for decorating your social media profiles for the holidays, share in the comments below!
Latest posts by M Green (see all)
- Clean the Cobwebs out of Your Business - October 19, 2017
- Tis’ the Season – Time to Decorate Your Social Media - September 7, 2017
- Storytime: Social Media is for Sharing! - August 3, 2017