If you haven’t been around digital marketing for very long, you may be wondering why the heck you need to focus on building an email list.
You have heard various gurus and experts sing the praises of having an email list, but you still don’t quite get why it would be very high on your priority list, right?
Well, let me help you realize the fantastic benefits of building and marketing to a list of subscribers that are waiting to hear from you…
1) Building an email list means that you have direct access to potential customers that are interested in your services or products.
If you have been following Significantly Successful for very long, you know that we adore social media. But… your Facebook fans may just enjoy your pretty graphics, and your Twitter followers may just enjoy your witty comebacks. When people subscribe to your email list, they’re showing an active interest in your content!
And of course, those that are actively interested in your content are more likely to be interested in what you have to offer them.
Neil Patel, a widely regarded expert said: ”Out of all of the channels I tested as a marketer, email continually outperforms most of them.”
2) You own your email list.
Let’s face it, while Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest are great places to market, sell, and grow your business, we don’t own them. Any company knows that their power rests in their audience. Getting an email list is the first crucial step in knowing who is in your audience, what they want or need, and how you can best serve them.
Joe Pulizzi, founder of Content Marketing Institute, said: “You can’t build your company on rented land,” and we agree.
3) Email gives you access to an important part of your customers’ lives and routines.
Let me ask you something: when you wake up in the morning, what are the first 5 things you do? I am willing to bet that checking your email is part of that list.
Why not spend time cultivating such a prominent place in your customers’ or potential customers’ lives?
4) Email is the most scalable way to make sales with new customers and build deeper relationships with previous customers.
On average, stats show that you’re able to reach an average of only 1-2% of your Facebook fans. In the same way, only a very small percentage of your Twitter following sees one specific Tweet. It’s just the way it is.
Email isn’t perfect either. According to studies, 22% of emails sent get lost in the junk or spam folders or are blocked by ISPs… BUT that still leaves you with an average of 78% messages delivered. There is a HUGE difference between 1-2% and 78%!
And once your message is delivered to your customer’s inbox, they will decide the lifespan of your message. Your email will sit in the inbox until it is acknowledged in some way.
On the other hand, the lifespan of a social media post can range from a few hours to only a few minutes, and it is gradually getting shorter.
Email is by far the most effective communication platform between your company and your audience.
By now, I hope you are convinced that there is power in building an email list. In an upcoming post, we will tell you how to get started with building your list!
/krēāˈtivədē/ /kuh n-suhl-tnt/
Noun: An energetic native Floridian with a passion for smart, authentic, imaginative, effective marketing strategies and original ideas.
Synonyms: Netflix Junkie, Cockapoo mom, crazy aunt, world traveler, foodie.
Latest posts by Kristi Brown (see all)
- 3 Quick Tips to Turn First-Time Clients Into Repeat Buyers - January 25, 2018
- 5 Tips: How to Have an Outstanding Holiday Season - September 21, 2017
- How to Win at Twister (for Business Owners) - July 20, 2017